Thursday 14 April 2011

Twelth One

Today, we watched a very interesting show in English. It was an old comedy series called Grange Hill
Our English teacher explained to us that due to the show's habit of portraying the truth, many adults and teachers did not like it?
But WAIT?
What was this show even about?
It was about the lives of the pupils attending Grange Hill High School... This caused controversy because the show portrayed school life as it actually was, being bullied by fellow students, being abused and suffering from issues such as poverty and even drug addiction at a later stage. Obviously, this must have caused some kind of panic with adults. It is a very interesting show with wonderful story and characters (all with HEAVY 100% PURE BRITISH ACCENT). The show was very popular and according to our teacher all the kids and teenagers watched (it was pretty good actually) and it lasted 30 years (1978-2008 [R.I.P :P]. It has had 600 episodes (GASP!)
File:GHTITLES78-87.jpg

 I had to literally play doctor (though to little success) to Worship, whom ended up with a bee sting after from drinking Coca-Cola ( yes he DRANK a freakin' bee). All his 'friends' laughed and scuttled away while I had to pull the thing off with my fingers... ARGHHH! Allen and Sedia stated (after I assured them that I actually DID wash my hands) that no-one is capable of recovering from doing something like that, Thapelo said that I was really brave... PEOPLE ALL I DID WAS MAN-UP AND TOUCH A BIT OF SPIT!
It wasn't even that bad... or maybe I have the abilities of a good doctor though this could be me just getting ahead of myself... oh well....


Also an award winning artist (who also had a British accent, but not as thick) by the name of Soweto Kinch came to our school. His talk about Jazz and Hip-Hop was very enlightening and fun. He played on his saxophone, rapped and played on his piano. Because of his workshop I discovered that I'm not a bad rapper! Thanks man and good luck in your musical (jazzical and hip-hopical) pursuits!
File:Soweto Kinch 2.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Really cool :)..
    see I "DO" Read your blog :D

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and say something. Please don't troll...and most importantly don't say anything stupid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts